Prev: Re: Prioritizing targets in SG2 Next: RE: Prioritizing targets in SG2

More [OFFICIAL] News from the Shipyards (and the armaments manufacturers!)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:13:39 +0100
Subject: More [OFFICIAL] News from the Shipyards (and the armaments manufacturers!)

Well, after some concentrated work over the last few days (to the
exclusion of other little things like food and sleep...), ALL the
sculpting for the full NI fleet is now finished! Availability on all
the new items is PROVISIONAL, as we can never be 100% sure that they
will mould OK until we try it - but assuming they all do, they should
be ready for sale by the end of this week!

  [All prices in GBP]

NEW ISRAELI FLEET for FULL THRUST:

FT 1501 	Kfir class Light Fighters (6)		1.00
	(already available)

FT 1521 	Bard'las class Heavy Fighters (6)		1.00
NEW!

FT 1502 	Sheir class Scoutships (3)		1.50	NEW!

FT 1503 	Sa'ar class Corvettes (3)		2.00	NEW!

FT 1504 	Ra'am class Battle Frigates (2) 	2.00	NEW!

FT 1505 	Tzayad class Destroyers (2)		2.50
	(already available)

FT 1506 	Kashat class Light Cruiser		2.00	NEW!

FT 1507 	Maccabee class Escort/Patrol Cruiser	2.50
	(already available)

FT 1508 	Yerushalayim class Heavy Cruiser	3.00	NEW!

FT 1509 	Barak class Battlecruiser		4.00	NEW!

FT 1510 	Sabra class Battleship		5.00	(already
available)

FT 1511 	Chalutz Chalal class Heavy Battleship
(Battledreadnought)	7.00	NEW!

FT 1512 	David Ben Gurion class Superdreadnought
	12.00	NEW!

FT 1513 	Kineret class Light Carrier
	8.00	NEW!

FT 1514 	Tzion class Supercarrier
	12.00	NEW!

Special thanks to Noam Izenberg for the ship class names!

I'm really happy with all of the new minis, but the SDN and CVH, in
particular, look VERY impressive! You may notice the slight increase
in price on the big classes compared with the other fleets, this is
partly because these models are BIG, but also because the price of
metal has gone up horrendously over the last few months - we're
talking around a 40-50% materials price increase overall. We're
holding the prices of all the existing lines steady at the moment
(though we may be forced to make some increases soon - so if you want
stuff order it now at the current prices!), but given the size of
these new models and the amount of metal that will be in them we
think the prices are still very reasonable - we're sure that you'll
agree once you see them!! (Yes, there will be pictures - just as soon
as we've assembled the first castings out of the master moulds).

One point of note: we'll be offering the usual MEGA FLEET pack deal
on the NI ships, and it will be the same price as all the other
Megafleet deals - 50 GBP, AND have the same mix of ships - so this
means that this particular fleet deal will be even BETTER value
compared with the individual mini prices!!

Watch the online store for news of some special extra deals for those
of you who are among the first to order the new NI ships too.

Other NEW RELEASE news: the promised 15mm generic weapons crews will
be available in a few days (all masters now done, just waiting for
the mouldmaking), as will the first of the heavy and support weapons
for them to crew.

Also in 15mm, we have a surprise for you: we've now done the "Sci-Fi
Egyptians", which have proved such popular sellers in 28mm, in 15mm
(pack of 6 figures, 2 each of 3 poses all with energy staff; initial
release will have the "Jackal" head helmets, with "snake", "eagle"
and bareheaded variants to follow) - AND we've got a pack of some
"opposition" for them, in the shape of some human troopers in
contemporary uniforms with P90s - four "character" figures (Officer
in cap, female trooper, techie type in glasses and big tall bald
chap....) plus	four line grunts (2 in helmet, 2 in cap) in the pack.
We'll also do a pack of just 8 grunts, for you to add more "cannon
fodder" to your team.
Aside from the obvious uses, we hope that this pack will be popular
as general low-tech troops, security personnel or whatever - they'll
fit in fine with all the rest of our 15mm range.

Watch the online store this week and next - all the new stuff will be
going up as soon as it's ready!

Best,

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Prioritizing targets in SG2 Next: RE: Prioritizing targets in SG2