Prev: RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet Next: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:00:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

From: "B Lin"
>In historical battles, you have stubborn commanders who will subvert,
delay or plain ignore your orders and will not move under any
circumstances or will move in a manner contrary to your orders.

That's why in my half-baked proposal, I suggested that you designate
all your orders for the turn first; only then do you get to see
whether your subordinates act or not.

I don't have any ideas yet on how to model "Your subordinate unit is
not where you think it is" or "moves in a direction you didn't
intend."  Maybe if you blow your activate roll badly enough, your unit
moves in a random direction.  "The most dangerous thing is a 2nd
lieutenant with a map..."

Prev: RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet Next: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet