Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2184 Next: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

From: "Flak Magnet (Tim)" <flakmagnet@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:23:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 08:50 pm, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> G'day Binhan,
>
> > If you are going to place that much of the battle to luck,
> > then there is not much point in setting up the pieces, you
> > can just do half a dozen opposed die rolls and determine who wins.
>
> I'm not trying to be a right royal pain here, but couldn't you say
that
> about any dice based wargame? ;)

Not IMO.  At least not a good wargame.	A good wargame will let you use
semi-realistic tactics within the framework of the rules in order to
stack
the probabilities of the dice in your favor.  Even with an entire game
being
plagued with bad dice, the players should be able to say that the player
with
the bad dice did well even with the cursed polyhedra.

The rest about PK I opted to snip.  I've never played it.

--
--Flak Magnet
"If you don't think life is interesting

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2184 Next: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet