Prev: RE: Club100 ghurka's: request for final comments Next: Re: new assault rifle was: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

Re: new assault rifle was: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

From: Bill Brush <bbrush@u...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:14:05 -0500
Subject: Re: new assault rifle was: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

I admit it, I was watching Mail Call.  R. Lee is just a little
over-the-top, but it's interesting to see all the stuff they trot
through
the show.  This XM-8 was interesting because it seemed to lack I lot of
the
"Gee Whiz cool" techno gadget stuff, unlike the "Land Warrior" system
but
from what they showed it's an impressive weapon.  Being able to take one
weapon and use it as a CQB carbine, Assault Rilfe, or SAW depending on
what
you put on it, is remarkable.  The inclusion of iron sights in addition
the IR laser sights also showed remarkable forethought.

I'd be interested to hear what the grunts who have tested these actually
think of them (paging Mr. Atkinson).

For myself, I'd love to have one tucked away for home defense.	:-)

Bill