Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:08:01 +0100
Subject: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

On Sunday 26 September 2004 16:39, Ryan Gill wrote:
> At 10:34 AM +0100 9/26/04, Samuel Penn wrote:
> >I'd guess the US had even better equipment than the French, and were
> >also beaten.
>
> The US was not beaten Militarily. It left due to
> the overall strategic goals of political
> influence at home being affected by the war and
> that affected the Strategic Military Decision
> making. The US never lost any major engagements
> with the NVA or the VC. In fact, the US usually
> clobbered the NVA or VC.

IOW, the VC were willing/able to keep on fighting until the US
decided that it wasn't worth it and went home. i.e., the US lost.

--
Be seeing you,				   http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.					jabber: samuel.penn@jabber.org

Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)