Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

Teutoburger Wald was: Tech Levels

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:12:01 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Teutoburger Wald was: Tech Levels

John Atkinson schrieb:

> > I'd argue that Teutorburger Wald qualifies too
> > http://www.ancientsites.com/aw/Thread/81774
>
> Swords is Swords, man.  Higher level of organization does
> not mean higher technological level.

The Germans were poorly equipped with swords. They mostly had to rely
on spears/javelins, often wood-tipped ones. Many also had to make do
with wooden clubs. Examples of these (they look like baseball clubs)
have been found near the battle site.

The Romans were also much better equipped with body armour
.
But the Germans could exploit terrain and fortifications.

Greetings
Kal Heinz

Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)