Prev: Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS Next: Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS

Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:08:50 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS

> Grant:
> >    Well, if you're modelling wet-navy ships, I would just make the 3
arc
> B1's
> >  and PDS' be 1/2 the cost and weight, but require them to be bought
in
> pairs.
> >  This nicely mimics the port/starboard division of ships and gives
you
> the
> >  same effectiveness as the same cost+weight of all-arc weapons.
>
> One fairly slight difference would be with threshold checks, IF Chris
is
> using them.
>
> However, if you're facing attacks on different PDS's, don't you gain
> significant benefits?

   True, multiple attacks from different sides would give you a bonus.
The
 increased number of systems does make you somewhat more vulnerable to
 thresholds.  Hmm, to keep it reasonably simple, I would do something
like
 this:

	3 arc PDS/B1:  Mass 2/3 (round *up*) Cost 2

	You could install 3 for the cost and weight of 2 all arc
weapons, with
	the multiple attack advantage offset by reduced coverage through
some
	arcs.  If you only bought two though, you're paying more in
weight and
	cost than 1 all arc, and less cost than 2 all arc, which seems
about
	right.

	I would allow them to cover overlapping arcs too.  The added
benefit to
	extra firepower in those arcs should be plenty balanced by the
lack of
	coverage elsewhere.

  grant

Prev: Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS Next: Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS