Prev: Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed Next: Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed

Re: Looking 4 feedback on FT Weapon System

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:02:43 EDT
Subject: Re: Looking 4 feedback on FT Weapon System

In a message dated 9/18/04 2:00:47 AM,
owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:

> Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:11:20 +1000
> From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>
> Subject: RE: Looking 4 feedback on FT Weapon System
>
> G'day,
>
> Unfortunately I haven't time to do an Oerjan like check of mass-cost
> etc, but I was wondering what the motivation for the weapon is, what
> nation/species do you see using it etc? For instance do you see it as
> someone trying to work from/towards the UNSC grazer idea?
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

Beth,

I was working it up for a home-grown power Midgard Herding, who have
been
using B4 for "1st strike" and also have carried some old MT (AA
Batteries) on
some older Heavier Ships.   And looking at a upgrade of thier long range
hitting
power as they looking at adding Homegrown "Heavy Warships" to	Fleet.
My
Idea was that the system repersents a Single Weapons array and capacitor
that
provides the "added punch".   And the reason the weapon takes 2 hits is
1st hit
kills the capacitor.

I wasn't looking at it like Grazer even though it does share the same
range
band as "Long Range Strike Weapon" however damage handed is overall
lower with
Shielding both effect your chance to hit, and damage the weapon does.
In
long range mode it fires out a Pulse Beam which if it makes "contact"
hits hard.
 But in Short range mode, The Weapons array Fires a "heavier beam then
normal(ie=more dice to hit)" but doesn't do the "Bonus damage(ie= does
basic Beam
damage" in long range mode.

Hope that explains the "background" to the weapon.

Have a Good One,

DOC Agren

     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed Next: Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed