Prev: RE: Looking 4 feedback on FT Weapon System Next: RE: [FT] Needle Beams

15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed

From: Dances With Rocks <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:38:31 -0400
Subject: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed

Recently I acquired a squad of 15mm Gurkhas from Jon in a recent order
I placed with him (back during the sale). Exquisitely detailed! I
finally
settled on a color scheme to painting them in and primed 'em up. The
priming
was an average prime coat, the Gurkhas along with the many other minis I
had. Wasn't worried.

Until I actually picked them up to start painting, and held them under
the desk magnifying glass (yeah, I use one of those things; easier for
my eyes to deal with look without :-P ). As I was painting the base
color
on, I began to labor under the growing realization I will never EVER be
able to do justice to these minis. I was even embarassed by simply
priming
them! If I were as good as Stuart Murray or my brother, I think I'd have
a chance. But with my amazingly under average painting skills...I am
embarassed. The minis are too good for my meager skills to ply a
paintbrush upon.

And no, none of you can have any of them, and yes, I applied said
paintbrush to them, anyway. :-P :-)  I can only hope that someone
else somewhere has a set of these and has a painting to do the
minis justice. And will be able to show photos.

Man, I knew I sucked at painting before, but these make me look
REAL bad!  :-0 ;-)

Now I wait for Jon to get the second squad sculpted and produced,
which will, of course, include a sniper Gurkha and a Gurkha or two
with their Khukuri out...right, Jon?  ;-) ;-) ;-)

Mk

Prev: RE: Looking 4 feedback on FT Weapon System Next: RE: [FT] Needle Beams