Prev: [OT]Aussie colors ? Next: Re: [OT]Aussie colors ?

Re: Got back from GENCON

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@w...>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:09:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Got back from GENCON

On 24 Aug 2004 at 23:00, The GZG Digest wrote:

> From: Scott Siebold <gamers@ameritech.net>
> Subject: Re: Got back from GENCON

> My game were
> "reviewed"
> by the GENCON gamming committee and was allowed to be
> put on at the convention.

Is this something new? When I was running games at GenCon for Geo-Hex
and
GZG we never had anything "reviewed". And all the miniatures games were
in the miniatures hall (though they often did a lousy job of handling
tables). When did you submit your game to GenCon? Was it in the pre-reg
book?

> To add insult to injury
> I had to pay to get in and it took two months before
> GENCON payed me back my entry fee.

Okay, so this wasn't this year I take it? Did you try to get reimbursed
at the convention? That's how we always did it. You took your sheet and
tickets to one of the payment booths and they refunded your entrance fee

on the spot. I understand that things were different this year, though,
as to how much you had to do in order to get your badge fee back.

> HMGS unfortunately went the other way. I was only able
> to put on a SciFi game at Little Wars because it was
> identified as future history. On the east coast my
> game would have been burned at the stake (only
> HISTORICAL games allowed). Fortunetly the war
> of the words (HISTORICAL vs Fantisy) has ended and
> all HMGS conventions allow fantast or SciFi games.

Considering how easy it would be for historical game conventions to be
overrun by "The Games Workshop Hobby", and the fact that while you get
sci-fi games at the big conventions and at sci-fi conventions while
there
are precious few historical cons, I have no problems with historical
conventions limiting the number of sci-fi and fantasy games.

---

Allan Goodall	    http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@att.net   agoodall@hyperbear.com

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."
   - Ogden Nash

Prev: [OT]Aussie colors ? Next: Re: [OT]Aussie colors ?