Prev: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:10:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

Doug Evans wrote:

> ***
> ...Switching our 15mm models from metal to resin was the biggest gain,
the
> casting quality is much improved and the masters are so much easier to
> make since I no longer have to worry about making multi-part masters
> that fit together neatly with hidden joins, etc....
> ***
>
> Ok, but I've heard for YEARS how metal casts details better, unless
you
> want to do injection, *he he*, and that'll be tough to get out of my
head.

I can't speak for Brigade's line of starships that have been moved
into resin, but I can speak for a couple of their 15mm vehicle
models (specifically the Kochte MBT and Thor MBT). I have both the
older full-metal versions and at least one of each of the newer resin
hull versions. With the exception of a couple small air pockets in one
of the resin hulls, the detail is virtually identical to that of the
metal hulls.

However, I do have to say that I am kinda partial to plunking down
a heavy metal hull on the table before my opponents. ;-)

Mk

Prev: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'