Prev: Re[4]: Help - 15mm groundmounts wanted.... And another question on 15mm Next: Farewell

Re: Unusual scenarios for Full Thrust?

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 07:36:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Unusual scenarios for Full Thrust?

Mark & Staci Drake wrote:

> Posted this at TMP and Star Ranger's page,but wish to ask here also:
>
> Am looking for ideas as to what other folks use in FT scenarios to
make them
> different.
>
> For example, I have used random events,the 3D rule (on Felix
Enterprise
> FT-ST webpage),solitaire cloaking,and tried some terrain effects from
John
> Kim's Star Fleet Battles webpage (modified for FT.)
>
> Would like to hear what other people do to spice their FT scenarios
> up......thanks.
>
> Mark Drake

Here's a weird scenario for you.

I ran this scenario about three years ago and it was a hoot.  The
Sylvian
fleet actually passed through the NSL fleet without any shots being
fired
by EITHER side.

May 5, 2001

Encounter at DX 1183
  A Full Thrust Scenario

Neu Swabian League Briefing

Date:			May 5th, 2179

Background:

You are in command of an NSL task force consisting of a battlecruiser,
heavy cruiser, two
escort cruisers, and two destroyers.  You have sufficient firepower to
deal with most FSE or
ESU threats, but are not cleared to engage major fleet units.  Your
current mission is
intelligence gathering and reconnaissance.

Mission Outline:

Intelligence reports have indicated that an FSE outpost has been
established in the DX 1183
star system.  Your mission is to investigate this star system and obtain
any information
regarding this outpost and system and report to our War Department.  It
is anticipated that the
system will be defended by light FSE fleet units.

Primary Objective:

Maneuver a ship within 18” of the planet and conduct a scanning
operation.

Secondary Objective:

Note the ship classes and identities of any FSE or ESU fleet units in
this star system.

Force Organization:

Von Tiemann	NSL Richthofen Class Battlecruiser
Schulnoff	NSL Markgraf Class Heavy Cruiser
Adeltonn	NSL Radetzky Class Escort Cruiser
Erinvole	NSL Radetzky Class Escort Cruiser
Bremse		NSL Waldburg Class Destroyer
Ebling		NSL Waldburg Class Destroyer

Setup:

All NSL fleet units will enter at the long end of the gaming table from
the planet.  Initial
velocity may be 4-8.

Encounter at DX 1183
  A Full Thrust Scenario

Sylvian Briefing

Date:			May 5th, 2179

Background:

You and your organization are the Sylvian Nomads, a roving band of human
traders, merchants,
raiders, and brigands.	Your objectives and motivations are simple.  We
want the good life and
we want someone else to provide it for us, and we want to survive to
enjoy it.

Mission Outline:

Your forces are pillaging a remote and politically unaligned human
outpost at DX 1183.  This
star system is outside the standard political boundaries of the major
political powers,
Federale Stats Europa, New Anglian Confederation, Neu Swabian League,
and Eurasian Solar Union.
  It is closest to the FSE borders and may be colonized or settled by an
FSE aligned outpost or
colony in the future.

Primary Objective:

A low powered transmitter is in operation at the outpost by a colonist
whom we have not located
and subdued.  This broadcast must not be heard by any outside party
until our forces have
eliminated it.	Therefore, you must prevent any intruder ship from
approaching within 24” of
the planet.

Secondary Objective:

Escape and survival.

Notes:

This scenario has some role-playing elements to it. You may claim
anything you wish about the
nature of this planet to any intruding ship or fleet.  You could claim
that this is your
sovereign home planet, or that this is a first contact situation and
require an ambassador to
meet with the intruders.  (so long as it is outside the transmitter
range of the outpost.)
Give some thought to the language (English, French, German, Russian, or
others) that you’ll
communicate with an intruding force.  As a brigand force, any political
body can engage in
attacks upon you.

Force Organization:

Six Praying Mantis Destroyers, Two Spider Heavy cruisers, Two Assault
Transports

Setup:

The two transports must setup within 6” of the planet.  The remaining
ships may begin from
6”-36” from the planet.  Starting velocity may be from 0-6.

Prev: Re[4]: Help - 15mm groundmounts wanted.... And another question on 15mm Next: Farewell