Prev: Re: Chipco - WAS: Re: Warbeads@aol.com: GZG Summer Specials. RECOMMENDATIONS wanted. Next: RE: 2 Weeks to GenCon Indianapolis

Re: 2 Weeks to GenCon Indianapolis

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@w...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:41:21 -0500
Subject: Re: 2 Weeks to GenCon Indianapolis

On 7 Aug 2004 at 23:00, The GZG Digest wrote:

> If you had pre-registered, there was no problem.

I came close to just dropping by last year (we were headed north,
anyway). I didn't, and I'm glad!

I heard that the slowdown in the computer system caused problems with
purchasing tickets for events, which isn't surprising since the entire
network was affected.

> This year from what I have read, it seems that badges bought on-site
will
> not be printed.  They will just give you a pre-lamitated blank badge
and
> then you write your name on it.  So simple it will make your head
explode.

*L* Yeah, and the way that TSR used to do it. It sounds like they are
going out of their way to make sure the same problems don't happen
again.
I hope so. As I said, we're looking to decide what to do next year,
whether it be GenCon or Origins.

One problem I thought about, though, is the timing of GenCon. It used to

be at the beginning of August. Now it's in the third week, Aug. 19 to 22

this year. Our 5 year old goes back to school on the 20th. It wouldn't
be
a huge deal to miss a day, but it's still something we'd rather not do.

As you can see, I'm waffling between Origins and GenCon again. *L*

> My big gripe is that the ships that were way out of scale with the
rest of
> the line won't be re-done.  The massive Olympus and White Star will be
> back.

That's too bad. I look forward to your review of the rules, though.

---

Allan Goodall	    http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@att.net   agoodall@hyperbear.com

"Keeping an open mind is a virtue -- but not so open that your
brains fall out." - James Oberg