Prev: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games Next: [DS2] Vehicle Design

RE: [DS] Fast movers

From: "CS Renegade" <njg@c...>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:00:45 +0100
Subject: RE: [DS] Fast movers

>> From: "Brian B" <greywanderer987@yahoo.com>

>> We're speaking specifically about the Direct Fire
>> Weapons already in the game:  MDC, HKP, HVC, HEL, and
>> DFFG.  Of those 5, I can't see why any of them should
>> not be able to engage an air target as slow-moving as
>> a VTOL.

Well, the old Sprint missile system could do terminal
interception of ICBM warheads back in the late 70's and
they come in at about Mach 12. Mind you, it did use a
(10?)KT warhead...

Patriot was hitting Scuds using conventional warheads
back in '91, but they don't come down at that sort of
speed.

It's possible to argue that (given unfogged sensors) any
BM is an easy, predictable target but there's going to
be strict limits on how much any supersonic target can
manoeuvre by, unless it has enormous power and a
complete disregard for aerodynamic forces. I thought we'd
all just agreed that Culture knife missiles are out of
scope for Dirtside.

Nathan "high CEP" Girdler

Prev: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games Next: [DS2] Vehicle Design