Prev: Re: ECC Next: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games

RE: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:02:24 +1000
Subject: RE: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this

G'day,

> Yes, it can.	And if anything, DSII resolves too slowly.  I'm strongly

> opposed to anything that will slow it down further.

For what's it worth Derek and I have played a few games (two so not
exactly exhaustive) with front/side/rear/bottom/top ratongs that didn't
have to be the same and you could have what you want but the max any one
side could be was 2x size class of vehicle (i.e. we were after the 6/2/1
spread Indy was saying). We didn't find it any slower actually, you
already have to say what angle of attack was under the current rules and
its not hard to say that's side or that's front etc. Wasn't hard to
remember the armour either (no more difficult then me already having to
remember the DS2 progression of armour ratings from top, side, bottom
etc).

As to movement, I like the idea of buy per inch. Though I'd like to see
how this works in practice as I think you'll find if you up speeds in DS
by too much (say more than 2x or maybe 3x) it won't actually be as much
fun anymore as there will be no build-up. We've tinkered a bit there
too, but not enough to say anything definitive as yet.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: ECC Next: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games