Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: [OT] I need a reality check

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:03:55 PDT
Subject: Re: [OT] I need a reality check

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:59:23 -0400 "Mike Hillsgrove"
<mikeah@cablespeed.com> writes:
<snip>
>The
>United States is often less a single nation than 50 petty little
>fiefdoms.

And perversely proud of it.  The South fought a war about Secession, the
New England states threatened to secede during the early years
(President
Jefferson?  Madison? somebody,) California toyed with it at one point
IIRC although that, like dividing the state at the Tehacapis
{spelling?},
is/was more an intellectual exercise then likely reality, and there are
several groups under surveillance who want [fill in state or region] to
secede from the union.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class