Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: DUH, duh, duh on me and my typing skills

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 07:59:09 PDT
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:55:24 +0100 Roger Burton West
<roger@firedrake.org> writes:
>On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 07:02:25PM -0700, Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>
>>Makes decommissioning take on a whole new meaning.  Today you
>>decommission ships. Then you would need to decommission troops rather
>>then have these guys running around in 'civilian' society.
>
>See Tim Zahn's _Cobra_ series, which deals with exactly this sort of
>problem.

I will check out the library for this.

>Doesn't make for very interesting gaming, though. "A twenty-man
>streetgang jumps one veteran. He wins. The local media screams about
>'killers in our midst'."

I always remember what a multiple discipline/multiple Black Belts
Martial
Arts Instructor (I don't do that stuff but he was on base speaking on an
unrelated issue)  once told me.  Paraphrased it went something like this
- Unless they are trained as a team I have the advantage over two foes.
Three gets tricky and four is beginning to be 'a bad decision'
situation.
 Running for your life has a place in the scheme of things.  Most mobs
don't play by the same rules as the idiots in Billie Jack. And once
you're swarmed down it is all over, usually for eternity.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: DUH, duh, duh on me and my typing skills