Prev: Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games was Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

Philosophy/Design... Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:08:15 -0500
Subject: Philosophy/Design... Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

>I'm with Doug Evans,

;->= More I understand than 'what I want', mind you. It's just that,
30-50
years in the future, and I'm assuming even Oerjan will agree, reality is
liable to have changed enough that it all looks like waving magic wands.

There's no telling when you get beyond 100 years.

I recall my first experience watching camera-guided bombs from the
bomb's
POV, for instance...

Anyway, for GZG gropos, and I count SG and DS both in this case, you
want
something recognizable as warfare as we know it, with a strong illusion
of
future. Sometimes, you just have to toss current capabilities and
potential
aside as 'victim to unforseen advances'.

That was my whole point during the nanotech 'wars' we had on the list.
How
do you game it? If one's nano's were superior to another's, they win.
Otherwise, they counter each other, and you play the game as normal.

Watch out, or we'll be bringing up the vaunted ol' Eyeball Mk. I. ;->=

So, I'd say the REAL goal is to make the games adaptable to anyone's
comfort level. Just don't expect Evil Empire(tm)-style point systems.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games was Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort