Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

RE: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

From: matt tope <mptope@o...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:39:14 +0100
Subject: RE: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

Though I love Lovecrafts stuff I never found 'ol Cthulu himself much of
a threat, after all if he can be dealt with by ramming him with a ship
then a nuke or two ought to have some effect. As for his larger
brethren...well that could be a different matter.

As for magic,
1) Quantum squiggles, draw a few on a rock or other handy free standing
structure and send a tank troop through to pop out behind the enemy
lines.
2) Anti [insert spawn of evil of your choice] powder. (A artillery
strike with anti shoggoth powder in the shells could be extremely
useful).
3) Temporal squiggles, similarto the quantum squiggles but allow you to
muck about with time travel, maybe even send for help from those
trapezoid possesed guys who lived in Oz back in the pre-cambrian.
4) Not so much magic but deffinetly a terror weapon...giant penguins!

A generation before Lovecraft there was a British author (who was killed

in WW1) who wrote on a similar theme (can't remember his name but his
central Paranormal investigator was called Carnacki). Carnacki had an
ingenous gadget, an electro-pentagram. This pentagram consists of usual
chalk lines and such overlaid with varoius coloured tubes through which
electric current was passed. The harnessing of electricity and
paranormal powers produced a very effective multi layed force field,
proof against dark powers and entities. Something like this could be of
great use for those humans who remain, to protect their refuges and
possible applied to vehicles, (maybe even applied to body armour).

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class