Prev: Re: (DS): Was Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:40:47 +0100
Subject: Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:28:47PM +0100, Germy wrote:
>Tanks - trying different turrets and a slightly smaller chassis
>http://www.germy.co.uk/pictures/projects/tanks15mm.jpg

I like the dual-gun turret; but given the constraints of not really
being able to make thin tubes, I wonder whether a _larger_ chassis might
not be a good idea.

>Simple Truck Design - this might end up being an APC but I'm having
trouble visualising how troops would get in and out of an APC with a
hover skirt?
>http://www.germy.co.uk/pictures/projects/truck15mm.jpg

I suspect the cargo pod should be a bit smaller; it looks unbalanced,
and balance _matters_ on GEVs.

As for access, take a look at the back end of an M2 Bradley:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m2-line.gif
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m2-022_31.jpg

where the door doesn't really come down much lower than the top of the
tracks. Alternatively, borrow the "drachenzahntruppen" from 2300AD:
their exit method from a GEV APC was through an internal hatch into the
plenum chamber, then lie flat and wait for the APC to move off.

>Very early Dropship design - probably an unpopular choice but I'm going
for a variation of the dropship from the film starship troopers
>http://www.germy.co.uk/pictures/projects/dropship15mm.jpg

It may have been a lousy film but the design's not _all_ bad. A bit boxy
for settings that care about aerodynamics, though...

Cheers,

Prev: Re: (DS): Was Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class