Prev: RE: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort Next: Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics

RE: (DS): Systems per Class

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:57:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: (DS): Systems per Class

--- "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:
> That means he'll probably try to prove you wrong and publish on 24
> December 2007.  ;-)
>
> There actually is a market for 1/300 scale gamers, you just don't see
> them as they often game from home using Napoleonics or
> Crossfire/Micro-armour rules.
> Trying to wean them to a new system is difficult as they've been
> playing the same system for 20+ years in some cases.

I'd really like to see a good, GENERIC, Sci-Fi, 1/300th game that can
be adapted to a wide variety of backgrounds, from Battletech, to
Centurian, to B5, to whatever home-grown ideas hit us.	If it can cover
modern equipment too, that makes it great for near-future (late 21st,
early 22nd) where you might see Abrams' in a milita somewhere.

So far the best has been DS2, but what we play with is extremely
heavily modified: Impact vs. Armor from SG2, new direct fire resolution
based on SG2, transfer of actions, extended palette of weapon types,
wider range of System Qualities, etc.

Prev: RE: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort Next: Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics