Prev: Re: Idiot in distress Next: RE: Idiot in distress

RE: Idiot in distress

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:02:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: Idiot in distress

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 2:33 PM -0700 7/19/04, John Atkinson wrote:
> >

> >The Empire just shoots them, or if they
> cannot/should
> >not be shot, tonsures them and puts them in a
> >monastary on an asteroid.
>
> Come on John, haven't you read the moon is a harsh
> mistress? ;-)

Yeah.

I just don't necessarily agree that we would be
sending 'em to a whole colony of dangerous hard cases
in an environment where it would be difficult to
supress a mutiny.

That's why we shoot most of them.  The ones you shut
up in a monastary are political cases, where they have
highly placed relatives who would make trouble if they
were stood against a wall.  Rebellious generals and
such.

Of course, unlike the Federation in The Moon is a
Harsh Mistress, the Empire maintains a pretty
hard-hitting power-armored Marine Corps which spends a
good bit of time training to clear asteroids and other
hostile environments in case someone does get froggy.

John

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: Re: Idiot in distress Next: RE: Idiot in distress