Prev: Re: [Virus] Next: Re: SG-1 Bag of Dirty Tricks was: SG-1 in SG2

Back from Blighty...

From: "Michael Blair" <michael@m...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:12:48 +0100
Subject: Back from Blighty...

Back from Blighty.
Highlights were:

* A trip to Eastbourne (highest concentration of old ladies I have ever
seen) and the Redoubt - whose museum had a tatty Centurion tank with
white stars painted on it and a lot of Ulster memorabilia which I found
very amusing (a bit of a busman's holiday). There is a very good second
hand bookshop in the town.

* Getting to play with the No. 8, L98 and L86 (LSW) though not firing
the latter. Not nice. There is a new version coming out (L98A2) that is
self loading (semi-automatic only) and at long last will allow the use
of the blank-firing adaptor (BFA). We were the OPFOR for the cadets -
patrol up the lane, shot back a few times and die. I'm not a bad shot,
though considering how long I've been buggering about with airguns and
worse this should not be surprising.

The worst bit was definitely the drill. I am really, really bad at it, I
have no sense of rhythm at all (just as well I am not female and
catholic then, sorry for such a terrible attempt at a joke). Of course
it was beastly hot on the drill square - which makes a change, I
remember skidding on ice on the runway at Ballykelly (almost always cold
and wet or icy) and at Ballymena for the Methods of Instruction weekend
they cancelled the drill because the parade square was like an ice rink.

SO I passed the ITC and just need to go so Frimly Park sometime.

Now where did I put that CD with the files from the server at work,
including DS II?

Michael

Prev: Re: [Virus] Next: Re: SG-1 Bag of Dirty Tricks was: SG-1 in SG2