Prev: RE: GZG Sand Devils Photo Next: Re: [OT] More 15mm paper model pics

Photos of Painted 15mm Hammers Slammers

From: "Robin Fitton" <contactrobin@h...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 21:12:29 +0100
Subject: Photos of Painted 15mm Hammers Slammers

Hi All,

I have finished painting the first squad of open-helm 15mm Hammers
Slammers.  I really like these figures and after 24 years painting 25mm
and more recently 6mm it was a refreshing change.

The level of detail on these is great and I was tempted to add different
coloured ammo pouches and webbing, but this would have made them look a
little easy to spot.

I did paint the battle armour and helmets grey which allowed them to
stand out a little more. I think one colour all over would hide a lot of
the detail, at least that's my rationale!   I also added a tiny red
detail to the retracted visors which stick out under the helmets.

I would go as far as saying that I like the "squat" look of these more
in 15mm than the 25mm models.  They are also much easier to fast paint
and I finished the squad in just a couple of sittings.

The light conditions were not brilliant for photography tonight (major
storm here in Sussex) so the camo pattern is not showing very well. I
also hit a problem with GW green ink, which did not agree with my paint
on Vallejo matte varnish and resulted in some smearing.

The vehicles in the photos were purchased pre-painted from the Old Crow
stand at the Bifrost show. I believe the painter has some more for sale
on ebay at the moment and he has done an excellent job on them. If
you're out there please email your name and I will post a credit on the
photo description!

For those purves among us, I have also added a photo of the GZG
Gentleman's Collectables also photographed at the show.

15mm is now my choice for SCI-FI, next on the painting desk 15mm
Phalons!

Follow the link to view the photos:
http://tinyurl.com/2pck4<http://tinyurl.com/2pck4>

Regards

Robin Fitton

Prev: RE: GZG Sand Devils Photo Next: Re: [OT] More 15mm paper model pics