Prev: Re: CPV and supersized ships Next: Re: DS Photo - from Bifrost.

RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 01:22:24 -0400
Subject: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE

At 7:05 AM +0200 7/5/04, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>Ryan Gill wrote:
>
>>Heh...You forget, I have three AFVs...
>
>Just out of curiousity, how much time do you run
>these AFVs in field conditions?

The dingo gets run around just about all of it's
operating time in field conditions (albeit
re-enacting tacticals, but last it was out I ran
it hard). The Ferret get's a good bit of road
time (actually harder on the drive train due to
higher speeds) and the Humber is a work in
progress. The Bren carrier we use (among several)
gets large amount of off road work over rough
terrain. Its not the type of duty cycle they had
in war, however, they're still run like the were
in service with similar concern for service and
of course they're not terribly new.

I'm of the opinion that you're not showing it off
unless you're using the vehicle's best assets and
showing it off. The Dingo was being run at speed
off road backwards in the field in front of the
audience and I had it sideways several times as I
made turns.

Last I heard, Matthew uses his Matilda Dozer as a
real dozer on his farm, Wilson gearbox and all.
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: CPV and supersized ships Next: Re: DS Photo - from Bifrost.