Prev: RE [FT] Simple Cloaking System Proposal Next: RE: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature)

Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:00:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

Beth/Brian, I think you guys are making this too complex.

Size 3 AEV Tracked
Turret w/ main gun and front blade
Combat engineer kit (demolitions, etc).

Large Demolition gun is used for the destruction of the target building.

Size 3 AEV Tracked
Raised superstructure and front blade
Combat Engineer kit (demolitions, etc)

Demolitions are performed with a carrot or explosives frame placed
against the structure to be blown.

One could postulate a smaller MICLC system with out the need for a
larger trailer if you have a stronger explosive. Fuel Air explosion
over the field sufficient to crush the mines?

At 1:04 AM -0700 6/30/04, John Atkinson wrote:

>Look at the M88--it includes a good bit more capacity
>than merely towing, yet it can tow an M-1.

Assuming 1/300 figs:
Size 3 AEV Tracked
Recovery Vehicle Package
Can recover/repair an equivalent sized or smaller vehicle.
And dig emplacements

And a basic blade tank:
Size 3 Tank w/ Turret and class 4 gun.
Add a Dozer blade kit

>  > Repair
>>  A field repair module should be a fixed capacity
>>  amount, probably 8.
>
>Again, depends.  The typical mechanic vehicle is a
>contact truck, which is a HMMWV, and used to be a
>CUTV.

CUCV? Civilain Utility Commercial Vehicle? A bit small for a lot of
the kit, but good for a basic mechanic and his tools for moderate
repairs. A 2.5 ton or 5 ton with the shop van setup can carry a lot
more parts. Then there's that shop trailer setup that was built on
the 1.5 ton trailers (M105 type).
Still, you could place a RV team in one, but they're going to need a
larger vehicle to handle lifting and such.

I'd make it a size 3 wheeled vehicle (5 ton) with a RV package.
Includes a heavy duty winch, light duty winch and crane for lifting
heavy components). Nothing says you can't break the package out among
multiple vehicles however. Add another Shop van and some light
vehicles and you have a basic company maintenance team. Mind you
thats probably outside the scope of your typical DS game.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com		  ||
----------------------------------------- ||_=--===--=_
- '42 Daimler Dingo MkII Scout Car     []\|| /	 | /   | /[]
- '43 Humber MkIV Armored Car	       []|\|_____|_____|/=[]
- '60 Daimler Ferret Mk2/3 Armored Car	 |||-_--===--_-| H
- '72 Honda CB750K			 ||||O|||||||O||(_)
- '76 Chevy Monte Carlo 	       -@--||_|=====|*||--@-
- '85 Honda CB700S		      |______o_______o______|
- I speak not for CNN, nor they for me |##|    USMC	|##|

Prev: RE [FT] Simple Cloaking System Proposal Next: RE: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature)