Prev: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE Next: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature)

Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:05:26 +0200
Subject: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

----- Original Message -----
From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu>
> > Recovery
> > Obviously, the rules cover the amount of capacity to carry a
vehicle.
But
> > what about that required to load a disabled
> > vehicle onto the transporter, or to tow it behind?	I'm toying with
3 x
> > (vehicle class being recovered) for winch/crane gear
> > and 5 x (vehicle class being recovered) to tow it behind.
> >

> Well, if it's a true crane system, then yeah, it makes sense to give
it a
> capacity cost. But there are certainly examples of tanks being used
with
> tow cables to pull other tanks out of bogs, ditches, etc.  <shrug>
>
> > <Note from Beth: Based on the towed artillery rules wouldn't you
just
pay
> > for the towing vehicle and say it can tow something up to equal
size?>

> That works for me, but I don't know that I'd allow it to load a
disabled
> vehicle onto a transport unless it had a crane, which took up
capacity...

Normally, you use a winch to pull a vehicle onto a transport. Even if
the
vehicle is damaged, as long as it can roll. The winch is typically not
that
big (call it a size 1 or 2).

A crane able to lift a damaged truck or a tank is a hefty item, and
usually
mounted on a separate vehicle rather than onto the transporter. It is
not
that often required on the transporter, and can be used more flexibly on
separate chassis.

> > Repair
> > A field repair module should be a fixed capacity amount,
> > probably 8.
>
> 8 is a significant amount of capacity, IMHO.	OTOH, you can easily fit
it
> onto a size 3 chassis, so maybe it's not bad. :)

Well, if it's supposed to represent a field workshop with all the tools,
spare parts etc to do a variety of repairs for different vehicles, then
it
should need significant capacity.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE Next: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature)