Prev: Resin modeling was Re: [sg] Hover tank Next: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

RE: Resin modeling was Re: [sg] Hover tank

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:19:50 -0600
Subject: RE: Resin modeling was Re: [sg] Hover tank

Depending on the size of the turret, you may be able to get by cheaply
by using 1-inch PVC pipe as a turret ring (or 1 1/4 or possibly 3/4
inch).	You either widen the hole with a flat bottom drill bit (Fostner
bit)or simply epoxy the ring to the top of the tank.  You can then fit a
matching smaller ring on the bottom of the turret (although it will
normally be a very tight fit.)

Use caution when drilling as resin can be brittle and may shatter under
the vibration.

This is more easily done if you have access to a band saw, as cutting
1/4 inch wide rings off of a piece of PVC tubing is a pain with a hack
saw.

--Binhan