Prev: Re: UNSC Ship Names Next: RE: UNSC Ship Names

Re: UNSC Ship Names

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:14:46 -0500
Subject: Re: UNSC Ship Names

>Hmm, who was the guy that ran the first "marathon" back to Athens?

Pheidippides

Love that Google.

>Someone with more pantheon knowledge than I is going to have to do
this.

As with Hermes, many of these can go a number of ways, but I'd try to
keep
'em UN oriented. There are a fair number of messenger of the Gods. You
can
include Judeo-Christian angels, of course. For Warrior-class, the
Warrior
that oft pops to mind is the parmored cruiser at Jutland. You could call
them Black Prince and Defence. However, I'm not sure they'd be cherished
as
predecessors.

It was trying to keep the UN connection when I offered the other Warrior
suggestions.

Not sure about the UN names for 'messengers'. Envoys? Such as Brahimi?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: UNSC Ship Names Next: RE: UNSC Ship Names