Prev: Re: 3-row hull costs Next: IF stats? was: 3-row hull costs

Re: 3-row hull costs

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:22:50 -0400
Subject: Re: 3-row hull costs

> > Sorry for asking this, but could one of the reasons for your
> > repeated defeats be that Steve is a more skilled *tactician* than
you are (in
> > addition to having better luck with his dice than you do)?
>
>  Thanks for the insult.

Not an insult, just a question.  And there are different aspects of
tactics: calculating own movement, predicting enemy movement, relative
movement (ie gaining range and position), choosing firing order,
allocating firepower.  You may be better at one, while he is better at
another.  And "ability to roll sixes at will" is a good tactical
ability too ;-)

> Part of the problem is the small table space we play on.

Yeah, that can do it--particularly if you go for Thrust 4 or 6 ships
and he has Thrust 2  That speed doesn't help you if you don't have
room to use it, and it can mean that you're heavily outgunned.	(Or,
if you have Islamic Fed, you're heavily out-hulled).

Try using NSL while he takes ESU or IF.

Prev: Re: 3-row hull costs Next: IF stats? was: 3-row hull costs