Prev: Re: Mixed Tech forces was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc. Next: Re: Liquidating my FT stuff, get it while it's cheap

Re: I give up

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:24:23 -0400
Subject: Re: I give up

-------------------------------------
OK, using the info from your other post, the BB Steve has
14 6arc pulsers for a total of 56 mass.  The BB Issuc has 8
Scatterguns,
4 K1 guns and 2 K6 guns, for a total of 44 mass, 78.5% of the BB
Steve.
With the mass difference and the lower thrust giving him more weapons.

Now the BB Steve fires all 56 mass of weapons at the BB Issuc as it
doesn't
have any dedicated point defense weapons.  BB Issuc on the other hand
returns fire with only the 2 K6 guns, 28 mass, because the Scatterguns
are
out of range and the K1s are firing at another target.

BB Steve then rolls very well with TWICE the weapon mass.  Yup,
BB Issuc would be toast after that exchange.
---------------------------------

I didn't fire the class-1 rail guns at Steve's	BB as it was
wasting shots.	The class-6s would pretty much ignore
his ship's massive armor belt and be doing thresholds while
the 1s would be doing nothing.	The escorts has little
armor, and those 4 hits did wipe out the armor and did
1 hull (3 armor total).  The class-1s can be thresholding
an escort instead of wasting fire on lots of armor; if my
ship had lived long enough for more shots.

I knew the odds were stacked against me, but they
turned out to be overwhelmingly stacked against me.
This is leading to my frustration.

I know about the loss is power with the rail guns with
the larger classes; I use a spreadsheet to design ships
and can see the numbers.  I like the class-6s and
class-5s, but detest the class-2s.  I'd rather have
more class-1s than class-2s.  But there is something
so satisfying WHEN a class-6 hits and does double
damage. :)

You want to know how Steve rolls?  In a game tonight,
he rolled 12 "beam" dice (pulsers).  One die was a 3,
the rest were 4+ against an unscreened target.
Then he did it again on a later turn.  He did have a
few not-so-good rolls, but nothing to offset those
particular two salvoes.

Glen