Prev: Re: (FT) beta variable hull rows Next: Re: (FT) I give, Steve wins

[FT] Shifting alliances and changing POV's was: RE: (FT) I give, Steve wins

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:16:35 -0500
Subject: [FT] Shifting alliances and changing POV's was: RE: (FT) I give, Steve wins

***
We have had a few really fun games where all ships are dropped in a hat
and you play what you draw out.
***

Definitely keeps your tactical skills limber; hat-drawn opponents gives
you
some of the same, but not quite so radically.

However, I've thought swapping fleets would be a good way to re-evaluate
feeling of vast superiority or inferiority of particular building
strategies. Of course, this would be difficult as I tend not to play
long
game sessions. I think the only times I've ever played more than a
single
FT game was where I was trashed within the first couple of turns, and
figured it was more interesting to just start over.

Please note, while some consider it tedious, I admire folks that will
continue a forlorn hope; in a campaign any survivors from an early
disaster
get serious braggin' rights.

On the other hand, the real reason I've never tried swapping fleets is
probably the realization how embarassing it'd be to get spanked while
flying ships I'd just claimed were ubermensch fromage. ;->=

***
Another fun one if you have multiple
people playing is to have 1-3 ships each and then each turn who ever
rolled odds for initiative are on one side and evens on the other, as
you never know who's going to be with/against you it turns into a
madhouse and is a lot of fun.... "I have you lined up in my sights
now.... Pity he's on your side then really isn't it?.... Oh is he? Drat
it!" ;)
***

Ouch!

Well, in a sense, that's the raison d'ĂȘtre for the spikeys, right?
Least,
according to fluff...

Prev: Re: (FT) beta variable hull rows Next: Re: (FT) I give, Steve wins