Prev: Re: Mixed Tech forces was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc. Next: [OT] My love life was, RE: Mixed Tech forces was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

Re: Mixed Tech forces was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:26:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Mixed Tech forces was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

>  How many non-major powers can expect to fight in
> cities, hilly/mountainous terrain, plains, and
> woodlands?

Actually, most nations the size of Germany have most
of those terrains.  Everyone has cities.  Any
extrasolar colony will have agricultural areas.
Hills. . . well, most mines will be in hills, and so
on.

Actually, if you were to fight from the English
Channel all the way to the north of Scotland you'd
have those terrains and more.  Never mind a
properly-sized country, like Texas.
> I'm firmly in Oerjan's camp when it comes to
> thinking the SD:F is way too overpowering and not
> all that realistic.  If/When the're removed from the
> equation, the MDC 5's range means that for anything
> but HEL's and other MDC 5's, it gets a chance to get
> in its own licks for at least a turn before any
> other system starts hitting back.

True.

> Of course, the fact that they require different
> countermeasures than DF weapons does make GMS a very
> effective second punch when compined with other
> systems.

They are also much lighter weight (require less
capacity points) so can be added as a secondary
anti-armor system for vehicles for which this is not a
priority.  Like IFVs.

John

Friends.  Fun.	Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger.
http://messenger.yahoo.com/