Prev: Mixed Tech forces was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc. Next: RE: Mixed Tech forces was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

Single Tech choices was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:21:38 -0500
Subject: Single Tech choices was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:59:02 +1000 <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> writes:
<snip>
> [...]
<snip>
>1. If you had to assemble a force armed with only 1 specific
>direct-fire weapon system (weapon and class), what would it be?

HKP with CFE 'cheapie' units; MDC for fusion powered FGEV and GRAV units
(try and keep that range advantage for a few turns); and MDC for HMT
mid-level cost forces.

All at class 4.

Or Hordes of GMS/H or GMS/L vehicles all size 1 or two and FGEV powered.

My final answer?  The Hordes - make them buy the better PDS and costlier
ECM.  Run and Gun.  Die Gloriously. And all the 4 capacity 'battle
rider'
infantry I could squeeze in.

>2.  If you had to assemble a force wielding only "energy" weapons,
>what would you do? (such as I am doing with my Goa'uld forces)

There are only two 'energy' weapons - DFFG and HEL right?

DFFG with as much arty and airpower I could buy.  Lots of smoke with
some
MAK and  "Mortars, mortars, mortars" (Mortar, and an extra ammo marker
on
size two frame vehicles)   at Company level.  Minimize the Infantry and
make a fair percentage of it Assault units (and maybe some PA if I could
squeeze it in a size two (PDS/basic and PA) carrier.)

>3.  If you were one of the above two forces facing the other, what
>would you do?

GMS force : run circles as much as possible, shoot every turn every
missile I could and use dismounted infantry to hold positions I took/had
to hold firing lots of IAVRs to supplement my GMS armed carriers.

"Energy" force - Pin with arty/mortars/airpower - fire smoke liberally -
close and ruthlessly 'burn' any infantry or vehicle within range (closer
the better) - alternate move/fire and full move units in any platoon if
had to suppress defensive  fire with DFFGs but that's a worse choice in
my mind.  And PRAY.  Buy Loaded Dice??? Only kidding about the last
one...

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!