Prev: RE: [FT] Star trek ships? Next: Re: A question on terms

Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:45:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

--- warbeads@juno.com wrote:

> I design some of these units in Dirtside 2 for
> various 'nationalities'
> but since no one has used them as designed (I've
> never run them) in any

Are they posted?  I can at least evaluate by eyeball
and maybe run some test scenarios.

> clearly  hopeless for the
> defenders (the attackers usually lose enough
> vehicles in closing to be so
> under strength that it fails before dismounting.)
> If you can advance
> under fire enough times to arrive intact you
> probably have other
> advantages making the defense untenable.

Not really.  Using artillery wisely (there is no god
but Smoke. . . ) and terrain to your advantage may
work against a hasty defense.

But that's not tweaking out your stuff primarily for
close combat.  I do that in DSII with my armor.
Medium and Heavy tanks (size 3 and 4) are outfitted on
a 1/3-2/3 ratio of DFFG and mass driver (or HKP in
second-line units).  I find that if I fix the enemy
force with my mass driver units and inflict initial
casualties while the DFFG platoons maneuver for flanks
and to get in close, the effects can be devestating.

John

Friends.  Fun.	Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger.
http://messenger.yahoo.com/

Prev: RE: [FT] Star trek ships? Next: Re: A question on terms