Prev: [SG] Close Combat Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc. Next: Re: A question on terms

Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 05:59:05 -0500
Subject: Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 02:05:31 -0700 (PDT) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- Adrian Johnson <adrian@stargrunt.ca> wrote:
>> 2 x Assault Squads (8 ORs each)
>> Each Assault Squad includes the Squad Leader, SAW
>> Gunner, and six troopers.
>> Two members of the squad are armed with
>> SMG/Auto-Shotgun, and the five
>> remaining are armed with the standard issue AR.
>
>So, do you find it 'cost-effective' to equip squads
>specifically for close combat?  I never have because I
>have this huge aversion to reducing my ranged
>firepower.  Does it work for you?
>
>John

I design some of these units in Dirtside 2 for various 'nationalities'
but since no one has used them as designed (I've never run them) in any
of my games...	I would suspect usually by the time the position is
assaulted (advance multiple times, half advance, dismount and half
assault move infantry) the situation is pretty clearly	hopeless for the
defenders (the attackers usually lose enough vehicles in closing to be
so
under strength that it fails before dismounting.)  If you can advance
under fire enough times to arrive intact you probably have other
advantages making the defense untenable.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: [SG] Close Combat Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc. Next: Re: A question on terms