Prev: Re: DS 2 Para troops Next: RE: Proof of Jon's Mailing Wormhole!!!!

Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian@s...>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:24:51 -0400
Subject: Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

I've never seen a TO&E for the Saeed Khalifate anywhere - certainly not
in
the SG rulebook.

The pics on stargrunt.ca are of the platoon I painted up, but I used
Owen
Glover's Islamic Federation TO&E (modified a tiny bit, I think).  You
can
see Owen's TO&E here:

http://www.stargrunt.ca/toe/sg2_toe_if/sg2_if_main.htm

and in particular, I built a "line platoon":

-----------------------

3 x Line Platoons (1 Officer, 29 Other Ranks each)

HQ Squad (1 Officer, 3 ORs)
A four-man team, including the Platoon Commander, Platoon Sergeant,
Comms
Operator and a sniper. The sniper is not specially trained - just a
better
shot than average and equipped with a sniper rifle. (Take a look at the
Marksmen rules - Ed.) The other members are armed with standard ARs.

2 x Assault Squads (8 ORs each)
Each Assault Squad includes the Squad Leader, SAW Gunner, and six
troopers.
Two members of the squad are armed with SMG/Auto-Shotgun, and the five
remaining are armed with the standard issue AR.

2 x Weapons Squads (5 ORs each)
Each Weapons Squad includes the Squad Leader and two 2-man GMS/P teams.
Squad members are armed with the standard AR.

The main difference in my actual figure set is that I substituted flame
thrower carrying troopers into each of the Assault Squads replacing the
"SMG/Auto-Shotgun" troopers.

I also painted a squad of ESU Power Armour in the same paint scheme, to
give them a bit more "punch" at need.

-Adrian