Prev: Re: [FT] An idea for Jon Next: Re: Misc. SF Micro-armor

RE: Traveller SGII/DSII Group

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:45:19 -0500
Subject: RE: Traveller SGII/DSII Group

I'm not so sure that Traveller and DSII/SGII is an easy a match as some
may
think.	Look at how much tinkering was done to Full Thrust in order to
create Power Projection.  How does one take the various tech levels into
account for vehicle construction?  What about weapons? For instance. you
can't just say a DSII DFFG is a Traveller fusion gun since the latter
has a
much longer range than the former.  Vehicles in Traveller have variable
movement rates; no such thing in DSII.	How about taking Striker Stats
and
converting them to FMA?  How does SGII handle that platoon of Imperial
Marines armed with FGMP 15s and wearing grav belts?  How do you play out
Zhodani psionics and warbots?

You see my point.

I don't doubt that this list would welcome Traveller discussion, it's
just
that I think we should take the discussion elsewhere to avoid clutter.
There
are other things people would like to discuss on this list.

Mark