Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

From: Matt Tope <mptope@o...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:57:24 +0100
Subject: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

Doug wrote:

>Helps to explain John's 'DShB'; I remember, as a kid, taking years
before I
>accepted that CCCP was es-es-es-er. ;->=

Thanks for that Doug. I too used to suffer from the CCCP problem as a
kid but in a fit of madness a few years back I taught my self the
cyrillic alphabet out the back of a dictionary so I am pretty good at
translating the characters into the Roman alphabet and back again...not
that it in any way helps me pronounce the word so that a Russian would
understand me of course.  :-)

What I wasn't to clear on however was the excact way to translate the
characters over, as in your example above DShB, I often attempted to
translate similar characters as D-S-H-B rather than as D-Sh-B, so you've
cleared that up for me at any rate.

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL