Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: Questions about the store and rules

Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 06:44:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

--- Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:
> >"voyeno-kosmicheskiy flot"
>
> I'll admit, as far as a 'space navy' troop, I'd expect the ESU would
> be better than NAC or FSE at dropping the sea/ocean terminology, and
> space or cosmos more likely in the phrasing.

With almost no linguistic background in Russian and just going on this
thread, how about:

Kosmicheskiy Peikhotiy ~ space infantry?

>  However, I'd expect the
> unexpected, as my admittedly limited experience suggests
> Russian-coined terms can tend towards 'quirky'. ;->=

Also russify shamelessly from other european languages (e.g. "Tank") :)

Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: Questions about the store and rules