Prev: Re: [SG, Minis] Konami Alien figs Next: Re: [SG, Minis] Konami Alien figs

Re: [SG, Minis] Konami Alien figs

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:52:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG, Minis] Konami Alien figs

Heck, I'm quarter-Welsh, and *I* don't understand!

***
History

The National Eisteddfod of Wales can be traced back to 1176 when it is
said
that the first Eisteddfod was held, under the auspices of Lord Rhys, at
his
castle in Cardigan. There he held a grand gathering to which were
invited
poets and musicians from all over the country. A chair at the Lord's
table
was awarded to the best poet and musician, a tradition that prevails in
the
modern day National Eisteddfod.

Following 1176, many eisteddfodau were held throughout Wales, under the
patronage of Welsh gentry and noblemen. At the beginning of the
nineteenth
century, an Eisteddfod of historical significance was held at the Ivy
Bush
Inn in Carmarthen, when the Gorsedd of Bards first became officially
associated with this national event. By this time, the Eisteddfod had
developed in to a fully-fledged folk festival on a large scale.

In 1880, the National Eisteddfod association was formed and charged with
the responsibility of staging an annual festival to be held in North and
South Wales alternately, and with the exception of 1914 and 1940, this
target has been successfully achieved.
***

On the other hand, Wales' national doesn't start til July 31.

I just wish I had a clue how to say it...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [SG, Minis] Konami Alien figs Next: Re: [SG, Minis] Konami Alien figs