Prev: Re: GZG 6/15/25 mm infantry figures questions Next: Re: Dirtside II

more on GZG figures to represent others...

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:05:48 -0500
Subject: more on GZG figures to represent others...

I thought I should list the 'realistic' chances of all this happening...
for The Beast's sake of mind if nothing else. <grin>

>I want to represent certain 'nations' I am building with GZG figures
>in(in priority: 6 mm, 15 mm and 25 mm) all 3 'common' scales.

<snip>

>I was thinking of doing this as an overall scheme:
>
>Nation 	Intended figures
>NAC		NI

Target one Battalion plus support in DS 2, One Platoon in SG 2 both
scales.

Most likely to get all three scales in the next few years (daughter will
be earning money by painting the 25 mm figures this summer (and maybe
the
15 mm after I replace the OOP current figures with GZG ones.)  The 6 mm
will probably paint.  Priority one force for SG 2 and priority 2 for DS
2.  Good start on the 25 mm force - 80 % -  (Thanks to Schoon selling
off
excess figures) and DS 2 force is making good progress at all but 6 HQ
and 1 CEV/Bridge vehicle left to complete first battalion, with the 15
mm
OOP figures sufficient for SG 2 (minus an APSW and a LAD weapon to put
on
the team figures I have.)  After that I want to replace the OOP figures
with GZG NI.  Replaced OOP figures will go to either PHR or RH forces.

>IC		FSE * (yes, there are IC but only in 25 mm, sigh...)

Target one Battalion plus support in DS 2, One Platoon in SG 2 both
scales.

While they may not end up being the FSE figures * I want these in all 3
scales and will achieve that sometime 'soon'.  This is the (along with
the much lower priority RH) closest thing to a 'major power' I envision
having.  Overall Priority two.	No 25 mm figures currently, need 5 HQ
and
6 AFVs (AG types) at the Company levels (2 per)  to complete the DS 2
Battalion, OOP 6 mm figures makes one Platoon plus 18 figures for 15 mm
SG 2 - I want to replace them with GZG figures and send OOP to PHR or RH
forces.  The support weapons guys need 2 APSWs, 1 GMS/L and 1 LAD weapon
for the appropriate figures.

>LLAR		(Alternative Armies) or IF (helmets)

Target one Battalion plus support in DS 2, One Platoon in SG 2 both
scales plus an assault Company in 15 mm scale.

The big decision will be whether to use the AA figures (taller and
height
is noticeable in 15 mm !) and use the 6 mm AA figures for DS 2 or switch
to GZG with AA figures being PA.  The 25 mm AA figures I will have to
get
a sample of before I make a final decision for all 3 scales: I fear they
may 28 mm.  The helmeted IF might win out.  The 25 mm figures are
'sometime' status one way or the other.  DS 2 forces need 6 HQ, 10
Mortar
vehicles, and 5 ADS vehicles to finish the Battalion.  The 15 mm AA
figures are a full platoon (treating them as not PA) plus with the SAW
(First squad,) GMS/P (second Squad,) and one man AGL (Third Squad) are
represented on the AA figures.	This is  a tough decision since the odd
organization is perfectly mirrored by the weapons the AA figures
currently carry except for 1 APSW and 1 LAD weapon.  Over all this is
priority 3.

<moved PHR>

>NEA		NAC *

Target one Battalion plus support in DS 2, One Platoon in SG 2 both
scales.

I might switch these to FSE * figures (given background history) and use
the NAC for the IC infantry.	In any case these are priority 4
overall.
 I have zip 25 mm figures and these would be a 'roundtoit' status,  The
DS 2 force lacks 5 HQ vehicles and 9 size 3 APCs to be a complete
Battalion.  15 mm SG 2 Platoon is complete except for support weapons (1
APSW, 1 GMS/L and 1 LAD) to add to figures.

>RH		NSL or ESU

Target one Battalion plus support in DS 2, Two (small) Platoons in SG 2
15 mm scale and one in 25 mm scale.

This is still (except for DS 2 vehicles) a very incomplete 'eventually'
status force at priority 5.  DS 2 force lacks 2 ADS vehicles and 9 (3
different types) APC/MICV vehicles to be complete, Stargrunt 2 force is
zip at 25 mm scale currently but I have two (they're small at 24 figures
each) 15 mm Platoons of figures lacking only 1 APSW and 1 LAD weapon to
add to figures.

>PHR		Brigade's pending infantry or GZG Japanese - SG 2
>armor D4...

I am leaning towards OOP 15 mm figures and Brigade 6 mm figures because
the PHR is slated to be Armor D4 and 10 figure squads.	the 25 mm
figures
is highly desirable but is not guaranteed at 10 figures a squad for a
significant time.  TO&E may change.  This is my 'intentionally odd'
group.	This is Priority 6 (out of order I just realized so I moved it)
over all with the 25 mm Platoon a question mark right now.  This is the
most complete DS 2 Battalion lacking only 5 ADS vehicles plus some
non-battalion support vehicles.  15 mm OOP SG 2 is 11 figures short
currently but would benefit from replacement of other OOP figures in
other nations being transferred to here.

>UNSC		UNSC	have some 15 mm and one 25 mm

Priority 7 only because there are only 7 forces...

This is lowest priority and if necessary is jettisonable.  Currently can
not be fielded except as one 15 mm Squad.

Note all (?) DS 2 Battalions lack enough 6 mm infantry to represent full
strength battalion deployed at any one moment of time but fortunately I
don't plan to field a full Battalion on the table at  any one time...

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: GZG 6/15/25 mm infantry figures questions Next: Re: Dirtside II