Prev: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: Re: Problems with ordering oversea's...

Problems with ordering oversea's...

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:12:45 -0500
Subject: Problems with ordering oversea's...

<<SNIP>>
> My point is that there are substantial hurdles for a lot of folks in
the
> U.S., particularly those in rural areas, when it comes to financial
> transactions across the Atlantic. I was pointing this out as one
reason
> why eBay auctions of GZG products can hit prices higher than Jon sells
> them for by mail. We have anecdotal evidence that GZG games and
figures
> are less prominent in the U.S. than they were when Geo-Hex was
> distributing them. The "just buy them from the U.K." comment that many
of
> us (myself included) tell players looking for the rules and figures
just
> isn't an option for some Americans.

I'm going to suggest a 'local' gaming store here in Chicago-land for
American's (though they have shipped all over the world)-

Games Plus, who run a thriving and well-regarded mail-order business
along
with their excellent and large brick and mortar business. They also give
breaks on mail-order's, and they will deal Credit Card, COD, or even by
check if you want to.

I've know the people there for years and they are all great.

http://www.games-plus.com/

They already carry GZG products (for all I know they order direct from
Jon,
it wouldn't surprise me) and have a huge wargamer (not just role-player)
clientele - moderns, historical, fantasy, etc. About half the very large
store is devoted to mini's.

Think about it, it's probably worth it. If you call and talk to Rich,
tell
him I said hi.

David A. Rodemaker

Prev: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: Re: Problems with ordering oversea's...