Prev: RE: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

From: Jerry Acord <acord@i...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:24:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

Doug Evans wrote:

> That said, I still like the old CMD bases, inspite of assy problems.

Does anyone still make bases like that?  They are quite nice, they have
a nice heft to them, much sturdier than plastic bases, and the 12-point
markings are of course handy.

They may not be "sexy", but I have to believe if someone produced bases
like that, they'd be a money maker (practically zero design costs
compared to a starship figure, and although I know very little about
casting, I'm guessing they'd be quite easy to do with little waste / bad

castings).

Perhaps if enough people were interested, it would be economical to use
an online machining service, like eMachineShop
(http://www.emachineshop.com/) to place a large order...?

--Jerry Acord

--
Jerry Acord [+] acord@imagiware.com [+] http://imagiware.com/acord/

Prev: RE: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted