Prev: RE: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: RE: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:17:58 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

***
When I ordered from Brigade a few years ago (pre-Paypal) I had to get a
cheque in GBP, and the surcharge alone was $45, before the actual amount
wanted to send was included.  This was at a major bank chain in a small
metropolitan area.
***

OUCH! I think the one I got for GZG was only a third that; and I STILL
wept, as it represented something like 20-25%!

And, Lincoln, NE, is no global player...

***
> One problem is that most of the left over packs in the US are former
> Geo-Hex, and we've already discussed some of the problems with those.

   Like what?
***

Fit and flash were problematic during certain periods. For the longest
time, folks said you got better product by ordering direct, or from Oz.
That said, I still like the old CMD bases, inspite of assy problems.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: RE: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted