Prev: Questions for the Forum Next: TravellerCon - Quick feedback

Re: Questions for the Forum

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 07:48:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Questions for the Forum

Please recall I've not played for awhile, but I'm answering questions
that
are more of feel than tech substance.

>We argued over the smaller firing arcs a lot. To us the forward, aft,
>port, starboard worked just fine. Has anyone else had these issues?

Most of the folks I played with made the change accepting them
completely,
and never seemed to want to move back, but GW had seized most of their
brains, and such changes are not merely allowed, but required. In the
end,
I found it a trade off.

Smaller arcs give greater granularity, making more variety in arc
combinations. On the other hand, you lose some of the glorius
'simplicity',
increase by 50% the fiddly judgements on whether a ship is in arc 'a' or
'b', and decrease that feeling of your a** hanging in the air, assuming
you're using the blind spot. It's great at encouraging maneuver on the
simplest level.

>If I remember right weren't the PDAF and the ADAF combined to allow for
>both functions? That seemed a lot more logical to us too.

Sort of...

ADAF became a fire control; I could handle it, PSB-wise, fine; not sure
found it difficult play-wise, either.

>Has anyone standardize some counters for the game yet for those of us
>who are miniature challenged?

I don't think anyone has done all (many? any?) of the Tuffleyverse
ships,
but it IS Full Thrust: you can use whatever ships you want, and you can
resize what you find with even a simple tool like M$ Paint.

However, love our leader; buy his figs.

>I've downloaded the Dirtside PDF but it prints out kind of
fuzzy/blurry.

I think it's still being considered.

BTW, Full Thrust and the fleet books can be received from Jon's already
lauded service, is often on eBay at not-to-dear prices, and I've some
extra
I've been considering putting up for auction, but would be willing to
sell
direct to you in your hours of need at not-to-dear prices. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Questions for the Forum Next: TravellerCon - Quick feedback