Prev: RE: Painting tips Next: Re: Jon's Wormhole was: Pleased customer!!!

RE: Painting tips

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:04:47 +0000
Subject: RE: Painting tips

>While magic wash is fairly famous, it's been sold as Magic Wash,
usually
>without ink or color added yet, on eBay, as well as other places.
>
>I'm not a painter, but plenty of folks swear by it. It can be (is
usually?)
>used with paint, or so I've heard, so John may be adding to my limited
>knowledge on the subject.
>
>Inks and regular washes can require multiple steps, I gather, but the
>acrylic floor polish is reputed to make it magically simple.

The "Magic Wash" is good for instant shading.  You get relatively little

pigment on the raised surfaces, as it settles into the crevices and
such.

These days I don't use paint washes; inks and stains only for me.
Better
color at the kind of consistency that you want a wash to have.	Reaper
and
Vallejo have some nice colors, and -- while I hate their paint bottles
with
a passion -- I absolutely love Games Workshop's premixed "Flesh Wash".
And,
in fact, I'm still using some of the *old* GW inks that I purchased a
good
10 years ago now.  Good value in those days, but not much now.

John Crimmins

Prev: RE: Painting tips Next: Re: Jon's Wormhole was: Pleased customer!!!