Prev: RE: Jon's Wormhole was: Pleased customer!!! Next: RE: Jon's Wormhole was: Pleased customer!!!

[FH] attach and detach

From: <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:20:06 -0400
Subject: [FH] attach and detach

> So the question is how low does this kind of thing
> get now? and how low	will it get in the future. I know that platoons
and
> companies get  shuffled around now to make task forces and
> battlegroups, but I'm not  sure if it makes any sense to go lower
(attaching an
> individual MBT to an infantry platoon).

I'd think it would depend on the situation and national doctrine.
Experienced troops, so I've heard, tend to scrounge for extra kit--which

might mean an officer has a rifle instead of his issue pistol, or it
might
mean that a squad has a plasma gun or even a tank that's not on the
official TOE.  Similarly, an orphaned tank platoon might attach itself
to a
handy infantry platoon.  This sort of thing is probably more likely for
NAC
troops, and less likely for ESU.

Prev: RE: Jon's Wormhole was: Pleased customer!!! Next: RE: Jon's Wormhole was: Pleased customer!!!