Prev: Re: Hello again Next: RE: Painting tips

RE: Painting tips

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:59:36 +0000
Subject: RE: Painting tips

>A little help, I picked up some QRF not marines and not aliens at Cold
>Wars,
>now it is time to paint.  I tend to spray prime in the base color,
probably
>khaki for the marines, but I'm open to suggestions for the bugs.  I
want to
>see the details, but paint them fast.	BTW I can dry brush, I just
don't as
>a rule.  I also use the 3 foot rule in painting, if I can't see it at 3
>feet, I really don't need to paint it :-).

The absolute quickest way, or so I'm told, is what's being called the
"Dip"
method.

Paint the base colors, and then paint them with "Minwax Polyshades Satin

Tudor" stain.

There's a before/after picture at:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~beattie/minwax/minwax.jpeg

I've taken to doing something similar with line troops, but I use a
mixture
of water, brown ink, and Future acrylic floor wax.  Works well, and it's
lot less trouble than using a stain.

John Crimmins

http://youroffers.msn.com

Prev: Re: Hello again Next: RE: Painting tips