Prev: Re: [15mmSciFi] Matching Armies Next: Re: [15mmSciFi] Matching Armies

Re: [15mmSciFi] Matching Armies

From: Chen-song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 13:58:34 -0600
Subject: Re: [15mmSciFi] Matching Armies

As I can't find anymore opponents right now, I'm actually
collecting/painting more than I'm playing.  But I have different models
for
APCs for my 25 mm and 6 mm SF armies (I only have ancients in 15 mm).

For 6 mm:

I'm building a wheeled force based on modern GHQ's LAV and LAVIII
(Stryker)
vehicles, with NSL infantry.  Right now I've got a company+ sized task
force
with Strykers as APCs, LAV/AT's as anti-tank, old LAV command/logistic
carriers as mortars, kit-bashed Vulcan/Cougars as anti-air, and gun
LAVs.
Some of my "gun LAVs" are kitbashed GHQ wheeled minis with Renegade
Legion
turrets.  I have a bunch of RL miniatures too, but haven't had time to
paint
them.

I have a bunch of old RAFM/GHQ lead minis of various models of M60s and
old
West German Jaguars (with no missiles), that I plan to use as an OPFOR's
tanks and APCs.

For 25 mm:

I've got NSL 25 mm infantry, but DLD's excellent resin 25 mm wheeled
APCs.
Unfortunately I haven't had time to paint either.

Item ob du ainen pauren wild schaczen so vass
im dy haut zu samen an seinen hals und stich
im dar durch, als hie gemalt stet so maint
er man hab im denn hals ab geschnitten und schat nit

			       -- a great party trick from the Codex
Wallerstein